Here is the recipe from Kiddies Kitchen Summer Edition!
6 chicken wings or thighs (according to your taste)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper
1 big onion
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt, pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken under cold running water, remove the rest of the feathers if there are any.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Take a casserole dish which fits on your hob and into the oven as well.
- Pour the oil in and heat on medium. Chop the onion and add to the oil. Sautee for a few minutes and stir occasionally. Mash the garlic and add to the onion.
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes on all sides.
- Remove from the hob and leave to cool for a few minutes. Finely chop the red bell pepper.
- Add the paprika, salt and pepper. Add the chopped pepper as well. Stir well, and pour over with water. (A little water will do it doesn’t have to fully cover the chicken.)
- Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 60-70 minutes.
- After an hour check the meat. If it is tender remove from the oven and remove the meat from the pot.
- Put the sauce into a blender and blend it. (optional, if you are making it for your kids, this recipe is from a kids cook-book after all)
- Place the chicken into a bowl and then pour the sauce on a plate.
- Serve with your kids favourite pasta or mashed potato.